- About Us
- Working Groups
- Agri-Trade Logistics
- Budget Transparency
- Business Permits & Licensing System (BPLS)
- Education and Human Resources Development
- ICT Governance
- Judicial System
- National Quality Infrastructure
- National Single Window (NSW)
- Performance Governance System(PGS)
- Philippine Business Registry (PBR)
- Philippine Services Coalition
- Power & Energy
- WEF-Global Competitiveness Report
- Ease of Doing Business Report
- IMD-World Competitiveness Yearbook
- TI-Corruption Perceptions Index
- HF-Economic Freedom Index
- WEF-Global Information Technology Report
- WEF-Travel and Tourism Report
- WIPO-Global Innovation Index
- WB-Logistics Performance Index
- FFP-Fragile States Index
- WEF-Global Enabling Trade Report
- WEF-Global Gender Gap Report
- Contact Us
Nat'l Competitiveness Council conducts roadshow in Butuan
In line with the establishment of the Regional Competitiveness Council (RCC) the National Competitiveness Council (NCC) of the Philippines in cooperation of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Caraga region conducted recently a roadshow, this City.
The NCC Roadshow is anchored on the theme, “Boosting Regional Competitiveness through Public-Private Partnership.”
During the roadshow, Guillermo Luz of the Makati Business Club and the current co-chair of NCC, discussed the Building the Regional Competitiveness and 2012 below Poverty Line Survey (BPLS) results.
Luz presented the World Economic Forum (WEF) were the country is on No. 65 out of 144 or No. 6 of 8 in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) based on the Global Competitiveness Report; No. 138 out of 185 or No 8 of 8 in Asean for the International Financial Corporation (IFC) doing Business Survey; No 43 out of 59 0r No. 5 of 5 IN Asean for the International Institute for the Management Development (IMD) World Competitiveness Report; and No. 78 out of 113 or No. 15 of 20 in Asian Pacific for Future Brand’s Country Brand Index.
The creation of the RCC is championed by the NCC – a public-private sector body that was formed in 2006 thru Executive Order 571 and amended by Executive Order 44 in 2011, which is tasked to improve the country’s global competitiveness ranking, Luz explained.
Meanwhile, Butuan City Mayor Ferdinand Amante Jr. welcomed the participants of the roadshow from the government line agencies, non-government organization, local government units, and the academe.
Amante also said that based on the 2011 National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB) findings, Caraga Region is on its full economic growth reaching 9.6 percent from 7.4 percent of the recent years.
With this development, Luz said that the NCC believes that in order to raise the country’s over-all competitiveness – the country needs to build the competitiveness of the region.
(NCLM-PIA 13 Caraga)
original source: www.pia.gov.ph